Among them, installing a custom ROM is the most preferred choice of tech enthusiasts. Prior to backing up the stock firmware of your Android device, you need to make sure that you have taken care of the vital points mentioned below. Without the under mentioned processes the risk of data loss and damage to your device is potentially high. Before we proceed to flash stock firmware using Recovery, there are some preparation steps to follow to make sure the flashing process completes smoothly.
- Hopefully, this tutorial made the process easier for you to understand and follow.
- Alternatively, you can also search for a custom ROM on our site, using the Search function.
- Finally if you have any problem then don’t hesitate, feel free to leave a comment with error message.So one of our team member will help you as soon as possible.
- CyanogenMod optimizes your device to function quickly and efficiently.
- These drivers are mainly for the devices powered by MediaTek chipset.
- Imagine being on your device’s stock ROM, but with slight tweaks here and there that allow you to customize your device without losing Stock Firmware out on the Stock stability.
Use it for a couple of days, and you literally start experiencing the true beauty of Havoc-OS. One of the first ROMs to successfully implement a truckload of features.
Click on the folder icon with Choose, just after Scatter-loading the file. Now locate the scatter file you saved in Step 6 and click Open. Open the SP Flashtool folder and launch flash_tool.exe SP Flashtool should now open. The most needed file for the backup; the Scatter file, can now be created automatically. Turn on USB debugging on your MTK Android and connect it via a good USB cable to your PC. MTKDroid Tools will now detect your phone and display its specs. Unpack the MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3 and SP Flashtool you downloaded above so as to access its contents.
- Modified Apps are referred to as Mods, in the world of Android.
- Or you can go to Samsung Updates, XDA Forum or Google to find the correspondent firmware of your device.
- Not to mention, the huge list of device support– both new and old.
- Once you’ve found the ROM you want to install, download the ZIP file either on your computer or on your phone.
The team is also quite up-to-date and regularly pushes new builds with features and security patches. Overall, PixelOS is quite impressive in terms of design and those who are looking to flash Android 13, must give it a try. Apart from that, you can also take a look at PixelPlusUI and PixysOS which are pretty similar and have their own feature set. It offers its own version of the quick settings menu, as well as a fully immersive mode for Android.