Pakistan Thalassaemia Welfare Society is a non-political, non-sectarian, charitable organization that has the following aims and objectives:
- To establish, maintain, run, manage and administer centers for the comprehensive management of thalassaemia and related blood disorder.
- To provide facilities for the prevention of thalassaemia through public awareness, carrier screening, genetic counselling and prenatal diagnosis for the affected couples.
- To educate the public and various health delivery organizations of Pakistan about the problem of Thalassaemia through lectures, symposia, and workshops. Pamphlets and literature on thalassaemia will be produced for educational purposes.
- To promote and coordinate research in the field of Thalassaemia.
- To bring together patients, families and well-wishers to exchange ideas and information.
- To raise funds required for achieving aims and objectives of the Society.
- To facilitate all kind of academic pursuits like teaching, organizing courses, doing research, publication of books, journals, booklets, pamphlets, holding seminars, symposia and workshops for promoting the objectives of the Society.
- To act as an advisory body to safe-guard the socio-economic interests of Thalassaemia Patients.
- To cooperate with any similar Association in and outside Pakistan for the furtherance of the objectives of the Society.